Pinnacle students are not eligible for the grants and loans that are available to students at colleges and universities. Of course, it doesn’t cost nearly as much to become highly employable at Pinnacle as it does at those other institutions. Tuition for the full Truck Driver Training CDL-A course is $5,995 and includes:
- All training time and materials
- DOT physical exam
- Pre-employment drug screen
- Commercial Learner's Permit (CLP) fee
- CDL Skills Test fee (1st attempt)
- Use of a Pinnacle truck for the Skills Test
Custom training courses are priced either by the hour or by the week, whichever results in the lower cost to the student. Hourly prices are:
- $25 - Classroom training
- $50 - Simulator
- $50 - Vehicle Inspection Lab
- $100 - Behind-the-Wheel Driving
The weekly rate for training is $1,500.
For those who need financial assistance to train at Pinnacle, there are a few options to consider.
- The Tuition Assistance for Rural & Farm Families (TARFF) loan program. This program is managed by the Michigan Rural Rehabilitation Corporation and is designed to assist students who do not qualify for traditional student loans and/or grants. You can find the application and instructions at: http://www.mrrccollegeloans.com/tarff-loans.
- Funding through Michigan Works! Michigan Works! can be a great source of funding for all or part of your training at Pinnacle. We have worked with Michigan Works! agencies from Petoskey to Muskegon and from Alpena to Ludington. Please contact the Michigan Works! office in your area to find out if you qualify.
- A majority of students attend training at Pinnacle with financial assistance from a trucking company. We have tuition assistance arrangements with several trucking companies under which they will pay ½ of your tuition to attend training here. In return, you commit to drive for them for a period of time – 3 months to one year depending on which company you choose. If you live too far away from Cadillac to commute each day, one of those trucking companies also covers the cost of lodging while you attend training. What about the other ½ of the tuition? We work with you to come up with a combination of a down payment before beginning your course and monthly payments after you go to work to cover the remainder of the cost. Please contact the Pinnacle office for the current details of the tuition assistance plans.
Need to make a payment online? Click here to get started!
Sign-up for monthly tuition payments below: